CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 30, 2010

BWF Update & A Reading Memory

I finished 1984 yesterday, and have moved on to book 4 in my Books with Friends series. The 1st book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. As I am reading this book, I can't help but remember being young and really discovering my love for reading.




I lived in South Carolina and my mom would bring me and my siblings to her friend's apartment. The place was nice enough, but I hated the fact that there was no tv. My days there were usually spent napping while my mom and her friend cooked crab and other types of seafood. One day when I knew we were going over there, I grabbed this book I had checked out from the library. Since I was reading, my mom agreed to let me sit with my book instead of making me take a nap. It was the best time I ever had there, and that book was the first to instill a sense of sadness when I reached the end. I loved the book but hated that it was over.

The book is called The Witches by Ronald Dahl, and I can't help but wonder if J.K Rowling was inspired by Mr. Dahl's work. I have not met many people who have heard of his book The Witches (although it had been turned into a movie) but many have heard of his books involving a character named Willy Wonka.


Happy Reading!

~~


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Currently Reading: Harry Potter & The Sorcerers Stone

0 comments: