CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chick Norris vs. Mr. T


05302009002
Originally uploaded by pravin.premkumar
I had always heard those jokes about the greatness of Chuck Norris. However, I had no idea that there was a book that started it all. Ian Spector wrote that book and in this second book, Spector comes up with more outrageous Chuck Norris claims all the while including "facts" he gathered regarding the mohawk sporting, gold chain wearing, fool pitying, action star, known to the world as Mr. T.

Overall, the book is not bad, Granted, I would not expect this work to be recognized as the next greatest novel, but that was never the author's intention. His point was something fun and light hearted and in that respect, he has succeeded. Some of the "facts" are not that funny if you are not appreciative of humor involving God/Jesus (that describes me so I did not particularly care for these nuggets) However, there is more punch to these punch lines then jokes surrounding religious leaders.

The length of this book was my only other complaint. When reading on my nook, I noticed that the progress bar at the bottom was moving pretty quickly. It was then that I discovered that there were only 88 pages. that included the intro and table of contents. Maybe Chuck Norris and Mr. T got to together and the last 200 pages or so were destroyed by the quantity of greatness..

I give this book 3 out of 5 Coca Cola bottles.

Happy Reading!

0 comments: