CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiter Rant


Waiter Rant bow copy
Originally uploaded by waiterrant
Some books are so well written that once you skim through them, you're bound to read them. Sometimes that may be right away, other times one may "forget" about the book until a hint reminds the consciousness.

Back in October of 2009, I skimmed through a few books and continued shopping at Barnes & Noble. However, this little memoir entitled Waiter Rant stuck with me. Months later (after the rise of eBooks and the introduction of the nook) I searched through the B&N online store and found the electronic version of this book.

As soon as I began reading this novel, I realized why I remembered it all these months. The Waiter describes what led to his landing a job in the food services industry. After leaving various positions in corporate health care, the Waiter lands a job to continue paying rent. Throughout the novel, the Waiter regales stories of wait staff, management, and customers. Each anecdote leads to the Waiter's decision with regards to his future career endeavors.

This book was very entertaining and gives the reader a more realistic view of food service. After reading, I found my self calculating tips a little higher when eating out at various restaurants.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 Coca Cola bottles.

Happy Reading!!

~~

0 comments: